||This article is a stub. You can help Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones Wiki by expanding it.
|This article is a stub. You can help Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones Wiki by expanding it.
Rest in Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones includes both the time the player character sleeps and the idle time before that, allowing for a number of useful rest activities.
- Socialize: The character spends her time socializing with a companion, increasing the sanity of both party members. Related Skill: Speechcraft
- Keep Watch: The character stays awake and alert to possible dangers. Decreases the encounter chance while resting in Danger Areas. Related Skill: Survival
- Psychological Treatment: The character provides therapy to a mentally disturbed companion, raising the sanity of the target. Related Skill: Psychology
- Medical Treatment: The character provides medical treatment to herself or a companion, raising the health of the target. Requires Doctor's Bag. Related Skill: Medicine
- Weapon Maintenance: The character performs maintenance on a weapon to improve its performance until the next rest. Related Skill: Firearms or Melee
- Physical Exercise: The character performs a series of physical exercises to improve physical endurance and ease the mind until next rest. Related Skill: Athletics
- Gambling: The character takes part in a gambling session in a suitable rest area, gaining Cigs in the process. If things go right. Related Skill: Subterfuge
- Scout: The character scouts the surrounding area for an escape route in case of ambush. The progression escape route will be opened more easily should the party get attacked. Related Skill: Stealth
- Reconnaissance: The character investigates the area to find the best spot to camp, providing a tactical advantage should the party get attacked. Related Skill: Investigation
- Pray: The character prays to the God of her faith, raising the sanity of the character. Requires a religious item. Related Belief System: Divine
- Read: The character reads a book or other publication in relation with her belief system, raising the sanity of the character. Requires a book.
- Medical Research: The character searches for a formula by examining medical components in the inventory. Related Skill: Medicine Medical Research Blueprint Chart
- Scientific Research: The character searches for a blueprint by examining science related crafting components in the inventory. Related Skill: Science Scientific Research Blueprint Chart
- Occult Research: The character studies a chosen tome, manuscript or artifact to gain more insight on the forbidden arts. Occult research is used for learning new spells along with identifying the powers and maledictions of artifacts. Related Skill: Occult
- Rest More: The character spends her remaining idle time by resting more, gaining additional health and sanity points. Related Skill: None