How to play guide for Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones
This page will serve as a basic how to play guide for Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones. While there is very little information available at this time, we urge you to check back often, as new information is being added all the time! Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
Basic gameplay[edit | edit source]
Combat[edit | edit source]
The game's combat is turn-based and tactical, allowing characters and enemies to move and act during their turn limited by their available action points, displayed as circles to the right of the character portrait. The weapon of the current character is also displayed next to the portrait, along with the action point cost of using it and the available ammunition if applicable. There is also a button available for swapping weapons. Sanity is displayed above the character portrait, and health is displayed underneath.
The initiative wheel is displayed at the top center of the screen, showing the current turn order. The combat log is at the bottom center of the screen. Defend and end round buttons are to its left, and the retreat button is to the right.
An arrow next to the currently active character can be used to have the character face the opposite direction. Purple hexes indicate the locations from which a character may flee combat. Blue-green hexes allow "progressive escape" and become available only after the enemy is worn out. Escaping battle from these hexes will progress the game while awarding the same amount of experience points as a victory.
Controls[edit | edit source]
- Mouse: the mouse cursor will glow when it is over interactable objects.
- Left click:
- Perform the default interaction with the object when the cursor is over an interactable object. The appearance of the mouse cursor will indicate this action.
- Otherwise, the player character moves to the indicated location if possible.
- Right click: Opens the radial menu on the given item or target for access to all possible interaction options.
- Left click:
- Keyboard (Many of these actions are also available via buttons at the bottom of the screen.)
- C: Character Screen
- G: Grimoire
- I: Inventory
- J: Journal
- M: Map
- S: Stealth
- Alt: Highlights world objects
- F1: Display tutorial
- F3: Log (Used for reporting bugs)